Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thank You 2013


2013 was a trip. I got to perform/speak in Philadelphia, Utah, Michigan, Hawaii, NYC, Chicago, South Dakota and Nebraska. I released a music video that got recognized by mtvU, some of my lyrics got published in the American Indian Culture & Research Journal, I won my 3rd Nammy, I got a shout out from one of my heroes John Trudell and somehow, I maintained all A's & B's as a full-time student. These were some big moves for a Rez kid Hip Hop artist from the He Dog community on the Rosebud Rez with no label, deal or manager. I did everything from the ground up with help from some good hearted people and I met some great friends along the way. 

I even ended up on a few Best of 2013 lists for my EP Born Ready.
RPMfm Best Indigenous Music of 2013
Indian Country Today Media Network's Best Native Music of 2013
I learned so much in 2013 that I can't even put it all into words, but I know none of it would have been possible without people supporting my music, sharing my work and having a genuine interest in seeing me perform. That's you guys. So I give it up to you all reading this. 


Thank you all for the support. You changed my life

With love,
Frank Waln

2 comments:

  1. Frank, you really are a true inspiration for the youth. Keep up the good work. Congrats on all your accomplishments this past year keep on keeping on everything will only get better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. I wish you many more blessings and a good 2014 New Year! Hope you come back to Philadelphia again!

    ReplyDelete